Wednesday, March 14, 2012

YEAH! We ran a HALF MARATHON!!

On President's Day, Derek and I ran our own half marathon (13.1 miles).  We were going to run on the Hobble Creek path, but we woke up to a nice new snowfall. So we executed plan B and went to the Orem Rec Center.  We figured out how many times we had to run around the track and it came to 82 laps.  We ran it in 2.5 hours.  It would have been fun to run side by side but we thought we would go at different paces the whole time.  Derek passed me once and then we kept the same pace at opposite ends of the track.  We ran it just right where we weren't out of breath, but were so exhausted at the end.   Our right calves were significantly more sore than our lefts going around it a circle. Ha Ha!  When I stepped outside after, the sweat on my face crystallized.  

This is Derek's 1st and my 5th half marathon.  

Before


After

1 comment: